Opportunities in the Financial Services Sector: An Investor's Perspective
Please join us at our event on
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 6:00PM
Location: The patio at LiLLiES Restaurant & Bar, 2915 Connecticut Avenue NW
Reception beginning at 6:00 PM
Panel discussion beginning at 6:30 PM
All attendees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the CDC
Over the past year and a half, the financial sector has seen an even faster recovery than the broader equities market. The macroeconomic environment is generally favorable, with robust GDP growth and low rates; the uptick in inflation is viewed as transitory. Consumer spending is on the rise, despite the recent increase in consumer anxiety. The Fed is lifting bank dividend and share buyback restrictions. What can we expect for the financial sector going forward?
Join us for the perspectives of practitioners from the buy side, the sell side, and the public sector.
- Eric Blankenstein is Principal at Exegis Capital Strategies. Previously, he served as Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Ginnie Mae, and prior to that he was the Policy Associate Director of Supervision, Enforcement, and Fair Lending at the CFPB.
- Cheryl Pate is Portfolio Manager at Angel Oak Capital. She has more than 15 years investment experience and focuses primarily on investment research and management across the firm’s financial sector-focused strategies. Previously, she was Executive Director and Head of Consumer & Specialty Finance Equity Research at Morgan Stanley.
- Scott Siefers is Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst at Piper Sandler, covering banks. Previously, he was a principal in the research department of Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P.
- Steven Stein is Co-Founder and CEO of FSI Group, LLC, where he serves as co-portfolio manager of FSI’s flagship long/short equity hedge fund. Prior to founding FSI, Mr. Stein was a founder and President of the Belvedere Corporation, a commercial real estate developer and manager. He has also served as a director of several banks and financial services companies.
- Kyle Hauptman, moderator, is Vice Chairman of the National Credit Union Administration. He served as Senator Tom Cotton’s advisor on economic policy and Staff Director of the Senate Banking Committee’s Subcommittee on Economic Policy. Prior to his work on Capitol Hill, he was Senior Vice President at Jefferies & Co.
Please note that the Chatham House Rule applies – neither the comments of the speaker nor those of other participants are for attribution.
Please register below by 7:00 PM ET on Monday, Sept 20, 2021 The event is free of charge to WAMM members and $55 for non-members. Please try to register early, as patio space is limited!
Near National Zoo entrance located halfway between Cleveland Park and Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan Metro Stations; street parking available nearby.